Secondary school admissions September 2013
All offers for on time secondary applications were made on 1 March 2013 following the closing date of 31 October 2012. If you have not yet submitted your application, you can submit a late application using the online application system. Your application will be treated as late and dealt as soon as possible.
Primary school admissions September 2013
All offers for on time primary applications were made on 16 April 2013 following the closing date of 15 January 2013. If you have not yet submitted your application, you can submit a late application using the online application system. Your application will be treated as late and dealt with as soon as possible.
Some other useful information:
- The appeal dates for primary schools are between 24 June and 18 July. You will be informed at least 10 days in advance of the date of your appeal.
- The last date for a request for a primary appeal to be heard before the end of the summer term is 14 May 2013. If you submit a primary appeal after this date, it will still be heard but we cannot guarantee that it will be scheduled before the end of the summer term.
- If a place becomes available at your preferred school and your child is at the top of the waiting list, a member of the School Admissions Team will contact you to offer you the place. The waiting list is open for the whole of the school year.
For information on transferring your child to another school please use the following links:
Admission into Reception or Year 7 for September 2013
If you have not yet made an application for September 2013, you can view details of all the schools in the borough and how they will allocate places for September 2013. Please take the time to have a look especially if you are applying for a voluntary aided school. Some voluntary aided schools will ask for additional information to support your application, for example, proof of church attendance or a baptismal certificate. Please check with the school what additional information is required.
Moving On is your guide to applying for a place in Year 7
Starting Out is your guide to applying for a place in Reception
School allocations in previous years
For information on how we have allocated places at primary and secondary schools in previous years, please visit our allocation statistics page
For information on how to appeal, please see our guide: Appealing for a School Place - Guidance for Parents
The deadline for submitting an appeal for a Year 7 secondary school place in September 2013 is 15 April 2013. Applications received after the deadline may not be heard until August 2013. The provisional dates for the appeals are:
|Week commencing 13 May 2013||Fairfield High School for Girls|
|Week commencing 20 May 2013||Mossley Hollins High School|
|Week commencing 3 June 2013||
|Week commencing 10 June 2013||
For dates for appeals for New Charter Academy and Droylsden Academy, please contact the Academies directly.
Admission into nursery classes in Tameside
For information on how to apply for a place in a nursery class at a Tameside school please use the following link: Nursery Admissions.
Please use the following links for the full admission arrangements for every maintained school in Tameside
- School Admission Arrangements for the School Year 2012/13
- School Admission Arrangements for the School Year 2013/14
- School Admission Arrangements for the School Year 2014/15
Support for school age children
Free school meals
Please visit the free school meals web pages for information on if your child would be eligible for free school meals and how to apply.
Zero fare bus passes
Please visit the zero fare bus pass web pages for information on if your child would be eligible for a zero fare bus pass and how to apply.
School bus services in Tameside are provided by Transport for Greater Manchester. School bus timetables can be found on their website TfGM