Week Commencing 13 May 2013
The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Lord Sheldon Way - Metrolink works on going.
- Fleet Street - will be closed from 24 September for 12 months whilst works are undertaken to Methodist Church Building.
- Queen Street - will be closed from 25 February 2013 for 12 months whilst development works are undertaken.
- William Street/Manchester Road gyratory - lane closure to facilitate electric works from 17.00 on the 18 May until 17.00 19 May works will then commence along Ryecroft Street from the 20 May 2013.
- Market Street – two way traffic signals will be in place from 12 April to mid May whilst Gas main renewal are undertaken
- Market Street – two way traffic signals will be in place whilst service connections are undertaken at the new Watkin Jones housing development. Dates to be confirmed.
- Park Rd - Clarence St - 3 way temporary traffic lights, installation of HV cable in carriageway. 25 May to 26 May.
- Wharf St - Riverside - 3 way temporary traffic lights, installation of HV cable in carriageway. 25 May to 26 May.
- Works on going in residential areas for gas main renewal works.
- Footpath HYD/65 - will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at Kerry Foods.
- Mottram Road – Electricity North West reinstatement works. Off peak temporary “Stop and Go Boards”, from 15 to 17 May 2013.
- Public Footpath No 64 - between Manchester Road and Calf Lane from 31 May 2011 for 24 months whist the unsafe wall is repaired.
- Manchester Road - two way traffic signals will be in place from 2 April to 24 June between the Royal George PH and the Roaches Lock PH whilst essential gas main renewal works are undertaken.
- Mossley Road/ Stamford Street - two way traffic signals will be in place whilst works are undertaken to the retaining wall near Broadcarr Lane, approx. June.
Broadbottom / Mottram / Hollingworth
- Footpath No STA/88 & STA/95 - will be closed from 27 February for 6 months whilst building works are carried out.
- Armentieres Square - Traffic Management during demolition works. 18 Feb – 27 May 2013
- Lake Road - Road closure to the rear of No 57 to No 75. 13 May to 3 June, whilst carriageway works are carried out.
- Wakefield Road - Rolling traffic management (temporary traffic signals) from Printworks Road to Stamford Street. Start 2 April 2013 to 25 May 2013.
- Whit Sunday Walks, Dukinfield, Stalybridge, Audenshaw & Newton Hyde, towns will be affected by rolling road closures - 19 May 2013
- Homecoming Parade – 22 May 2013
- Whit Walks, Ashton - 16 June 2013
There are currently a series of retaining wall repairs being carried out across Tameside, these may cause minor delays to roads affected. For more information see the Retaining Wall Repair Updates Page.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit www.highways.gov.uk