Application for Remission of Music Tuition Charges
Guidance Notes to help you complete Part 3 of the form
- Families who are in receipt of Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance (Income Based), Income Based Job Seekers Allowance or Child Tax Credit only with an income less than £16040.00 will automatically qualify for Remission of Music Tuition charges. In these cases parents should complete Part 3 (a) only and provide evidence of their benefit entitlement.
- Families who are in receipt of Working Tax Credit will not automatically qualify for remission of music charges. In order to assess the application, you should complete Part 3 (b), provide a copy of all pages of your letter from the benefits agency confirming the amount of benefit entitlement.
- Families who are applying for remission of music charges on the basis of low income or other benefit, must provide a full income declaration in Part 3 (c);
- Wage earners paid weekly must submit payslips covering the 5 week period immediately preceding the application, monthly pay must submit payslips covering the 2 previous months salaries.
- Self-employed persons should provide either an accountant's letter stating the recent figures submitted to the Inland Revenue or if you prepare your own accounts, a letter from the tax office. For employees, a 'statement of earnings' form should be completed and can be obtained from the Home School Support Section.
- Applicants in receipt of other benefits must provide documentary evidence, confirming the amount of Benefit entitlement.
- Please make it clear if any of the expenses are weekly, monthly or yearly amounts and provide documentary evidence of the expenses (eg. rent book, council tax statements).
Download the Application Form 69.57 KB
Page last updated: 26 September 2012