Multi Cultural Weddings and Events
Tameside’s prestigious venues offer the ideal locations for multi cultural weddings and receptions. The splendid range of venues offers you and your family unforgettable locations to host a variety of events including Hindu, Muslim and Sikh weddings and celebrations. The rooms vary in size seating from 100 guests and up to 400.
Ashton Town Hall, Dukinfield Town Hall, Hyde Town Hall and the George Lawton Hall in Mossley are available for hire for a minimum of 6 hours per event.
The current fees are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday - £1000.00
- Friday / Saturday - £1250.00
- Sunday - £1800.00
- Each additional hour or part thereof, prior to midnight £150.00
- Each additional hour or part thereof, after midnight £200.00
- Hire of a venue on a Bank Holiday is chargeable at the Sunday rate.
The hire of the venue which where appropriate would be for two functions rooms (i.e. The Ballroom and Medlock Suite at Ashton Town Hall, the Jubilee Hall and Lesser Halls at Dukinfield Town Hall, the Ballroom and Newton Suite at Hyde Town Hall and finally the George Lawton Hall and the Geoffrey Brierley Suite at the George Lawton Hall) given consideration and the experience of the events and the knowledge within the venues across the borough.
The above venues may be able to offer additional rooms to meet your needs which can be used for a variety of activities such as waiting areas and changing rooms at a cost of £100.00.
Where available we will also provide the following services:
- A private room for the bride
- Entrance via the main staircase and use of the area for photographs
- Use of the circular and or rectangular tables and chairs (under management direction)
- Use of a PA system for announcements and background music (please note this is not for use by third party DJ’s and is only provided as a background facility)
- Use of the stage area for photographs
- Use of the kitchen and or serving room suitable for warming food
- If you are booking a multi-cultural wedding or event you may wish to use your own caterer. Please note all caterers must provide local authority environmental certification prior to use as a matter of course
- A prayer room when requested if available
- Door supervision where necessary
Please note the caterer or client must provide cutlery, crockery and table linen.
A full bar service may be provided where requested.
All drinks must be purchased from the venue, this can be arranged at time of booking.
- Car parking facilities at all venues (free parking at some venues) and also in the near vicinity.
- A cloak room facility can be provided and staffed for an additional fee of £80.00.
Please note all prices are subject to a review on 1 April each year.