Tameside Council Adult Learning
Student Support Service
Information, Advice and Guidance
To engage non-traditional learners in accessing local learning opportunities and offer specific support, Information Advice and Guidance to those who need it.
The service will do this by:
Working with local adult education providers, community groups and individuals to promote learning opportunities through a multi-agency approach, in a variety of locations and settings. We regularly update and review our courses, marketing activities and resources.
The service can help you with:
- Establishing positive relationships and advise individuals on learning opportunities available to them.
- Providing professional information and advising to individuals on accessing relevant learning opportunities.
- Providing impartial advice and guidance that meets individual needs.
- Talking through any worries or concerns you may have.
- Information on education and training opportunities.
- What courses are on offer and where.
- Returning to education.
- Meeting your additional support needs.
- Information about financial and childcare help while you learn.
- Learning on a benefit.
- Improving your education.
- One to one employment advice and guidance.
To contact Student Services call 0161 343 8899